classic kiwi apple crumble
This classic apple crumble is a delicious and easy dessert which uses a variety of our pantry staples. It’s a great way to use up any apples that have lost their crunch or any other fruit that has seen better days!
- 4 medium granny smith apples
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Ceres Organics Almond Meal
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 75g Ceres Organics Coconut Sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil spread
- ¼ cup natural Greek coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Coconut Chips
- ½ cup natural Greek coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Boil a pot of water on the stove. Peel, then slice the apples into thin half-moons. Add to the boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the side and drain.
- Add to a bowl with the first measure of coconut sugar, ground cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to coat the apples.
- Add the coated apples to a baking dish and spread evenly, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the rolled oats, almond meal, sliced almonds, second measure of coconut sugar, melted olive oil spread and first measure of yoghurt, and mix to form a loose crumble mix.
- Spread the crumble over the top of the apples, then sprinkle over the coconut chips. Add to the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve with the second measure of coconut yoghurt and enjoy!