Making plants shine for christmas day lunch
If you would like some ideas for festive food that celebrates veggies, Sarah Tanner shares with us a couple of pointers as well as a delicious recipe, and presentation idea to do just that.
For the vege dishes, try incorporating some international flavours to liven things up. Think of Asian, Indian, or even Moroccan recipes to not only add different tastes and textures but also colours.
Another idea is to think about the presentation. Instead of having the vege in a dish, or bowl, give this wreath a go, with instructions in the video, we think everyone will love it.
Check out the reel by Sarah, here.
- 6-8 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Olive Oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp Ceres Organics Red Thai Curry Paste
- Ceres Organics pistachio nuts
- Chopped Fresh coriander
- Fresh pomegranate or Ceres Organics cranberries or goji for a pop of Christmas red
- Toss together the carrot, onion, curry powder, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- We have cooked them for 25 minutes in the instant pot on the roast setting, in a conventional oven, preheat to 180 degrees and roast for 35 minutes, turning halfway through.
- To make the dressing, simply whisk together the coconut yoghurt with the curry paste. Set aside.
- On your serving plate, place a small bowl or ramekin in the middle and once the carrots are cooked, place them evenly around the plate. Top with dollops of the dressing, the pomegranate, coriander and chopped pistachio. Enjoy!