Black Bean and Oat Sliders
We love to make the patty's small to fit into slider buns. However you can easily pat them into larger burger patty's.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, party, smallplates
- 1 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more for cooking
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans, rinsed thoroughly, and drained
- ½ cup Organic Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Organic Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tbsp Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground chipotle or 1 chipotle chilli in abobo sauce, chopped
- Slider burger buns
- Fillings: we love coleslaw and vegan mayo
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
- Cool slightly then place the onion mixture into a food processor along with the drained black beans, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, tamari, cumin, paprika and chipotle. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pulse until the mixture comes together but is still slightly chunky. Form into 4 patties, firmly pressing the mixture so the patties hold together. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a frying pan over medium low heat. Cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels then serve in burger buns with your choice of fillings.