Crumbed Hemp, Quinoa and Lentil Balls
These tasty “meatballs” are filled with plant-based nutrition including lentils, hemp and quinoa. If you have leftover quinoa, this is a great way to use it up!
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, smallplates, snack
- 1/2 onion cooked
- 1 can Organic Brown Lentils drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Organic Quinoa, White cooked
- 2 tbsp Organic Hemp Seeds
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 3 tbsp Organic Savoury Yeast Flakes
- 1 tsp Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup Organic Jasmine Rice Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Organic Jasmine Rice Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Organic Savoury Yeast Flakes
- Heat your frypan up and drizzle some oil. Fry your onion up in your pan until translucent and set aside.
- In your food processor, add your ingredients (except for those to coat) and blitz until smooth.
- Grab a tablespoon, scoop and start rolling them out into balls.
- Mix your savoury yeast flakes together with the jasmine rice crumbs for the coating. Start coating your balls and set aside.
- Heat your pan to medium-high heat and add oil. Once hot, add your balls, making sure not to overcrowd and cover with a lid for 1-2 mins. When it is time, start turning them over, you’ll want a beautiful brown crust. Repeat until all sides are cooked and heated through.
- Serve with spaghetti or on it’s own with your favourite sauce.