Make Your Own Oat Milk
Making your own oat milk is easy! Try our recipe with options for both strawberry and chocolate flavours.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, drinks
- 1 cup Organic Rolled Oats
- 4 cups chilled water
- Strawberry Milk: ½ cup frozen strawberries
- Chocolate Milk: 1-2 tsp Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup to taste
- Place the oats and water into a high-powered blender. Blend for 30 seconds and no longer or the nut milk will go slimy.
- Strain the mixture through a nut milk bag or a clean thin towel draped over a fine sieve. Once all of the liquid has drained into the bowl, gently lift the nut bag and let remaining liquid drip out. Do not squeeze as you’ll get slimy oat milk.
- Transfer oat milk to a glass jug or jar and refrigerate until required.
- Save the leftover oat pulp for smoothies, muesli bars and baked goods.
- Oat milk will keep refrigerated for 3 to 4 days but is not suitable for heating / barista purposes.
- For Strawberry Milk: Add ½ cup frozen strawberries to 1 ½ cups oat milk, plus maple syrup to taste – about 1 tbsp. Blend until smooth. Then strain mixture through a nut milk bag.
- For Chocolate Milk: Add 2 tsp cacao powder to 1 ½ cups oat milk, plus maple syrup to taste – about 1 tbsp. Blend until smooth