almond butter cookies
These almond butter chocolate chip cookies are simple, wholesome, and delicious! Using Ceres Organics almond meal and coconut flour these naturally gluten-free cookies can be enjoyed by everyone.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, baking, lunchbox, sweettreats
- 1½ cups Ceres Organics Almond Meal
- 3 tbsp Ceres Organics Coconut Flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Coconut Oil, Virgin Cold-Pressed (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp Ceres Organics Almond Butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Brown Rice Malt Syrup
- 70 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Be sure to remove any lumps.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, almond butter and rice malt syrup, and whisk to combine.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix. Don’t be afraid to use your hands to help form a dough. Add in the chocolate and shape the dough using your hands to combine the chocolate pieces.
- Measure out around 2 tablespoons of dough, and shape it into a thick, flat circle. These cookies do not spread, so don’t be afraid to press them down to around 1cm thickness.
- Place your cookies on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and pop them in freezer for 10 minutes. Preheat your oven to 175°C.
- Remove sheet from freezer and bake for 11 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Let cool and then eat!