apple & walnut salad with apple cider vinegar dressing
This tangy apple walnut salad is the perfect addition to any summer BBQ. Filled with crunchy toasted walnuts and apple, combined with a zesty dressing, it also makes for a healthy mid-week lunch option!
- 1 cup Ceres Organics White Quinoa
- 3 tbsp Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Maple Syrup
- ½ tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 medium apple
- 3 cups mesclun salad leaves
- ¾ medium red onion
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup and garlic together until smooth.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the walnuts and toast for around 2-5 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Stir or toss occasionally to prevent burning.
- Finely slice the red onion and chop the apple into chunks.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together and drizzle over dressing. Serve immediately.