Apricot, Brazil Nut & Oatmeal Cookies
These apricot, Brazil nut and oatmeal cookies are delicious, and are easy to make for a healthy snack or sweet treat.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, baking, lunchbox, snack, sweettreats
- 1 cup Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Organic Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 1 cup Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Organic Sundried Apricots chopped
- ½ cup Organic Brazil Nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp Organic Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil melted to liquid
- 5 tbsp Organic Brown Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 180C degrees and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl using a hand mixer or spoon, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in the rice syrup and vanilla and stir again until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. If the mixture is a little dry, splash in some non-dairy milk or water, a little at a time until the dough holds together.
- Using damp hands, roll small handfuls of dough into balls and place them onto your lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or until starting to turn slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container