Baked Kumara with Chives and Vegan Cheese Sauce
This easy no fuss kumara bake is nutritious and great for anyone on a dairy-free diet as this sauce is cashew based. This goes great as a side or you can have this as your main – just add any toppings such as avocado, salad greens or lentils!
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian
- 1/2 cup Organic Cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 tbsp Organic Savoury Yeast Flakes
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 7 tbsp of water
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Kumara and toppings
- 7 Orange Kumaras - mid sized
- Organic Coconut Oil, High Heat Cooking
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- Turn your oven on to bake at 180C.
- Prepare your kumara by cutting in half length-ways and placing it on your baking tray. Drizzle your desired roasting oil with some salt and pepper then place in oven to bake for 40minutes until soft.
- In your food processor or blender, combine your cashews, savoury yeast, lemon juice and water and blitz until creamy. If this isn’t a creamy consistency, add water slowly until you get the right consistency. Flavour with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once your kumara is ready, take this out, drizzle with the sauce and top with freshly chopped chives!