Banana Blossom and Kaffir Lime 'Fish Cakes'
These tasty Banana Blossom Thai ‘Fish’ Cakes are a vegan take on the original. The kaffir lime and vegan red curry paste provides a fragrant flavour and the banana blossom creates a meaty texture.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, dinner
- 2 medium starchy potatoes (400 g), peeled
- 400g can Organic Banana Blossom
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan red curry paste
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Organic Sunflower Oil
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with cold water. Add salt then bring to the boil. Boil for 8 minutes to partially cook. Drain and allow to cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, grate coarsely and place into a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the banana blossoms and gently squeeze out any excess liquid. Tear the blossoms into flakes, discarding any tough pieces. Add to the bowl with the spring onion, coriander, ginger, garlic, kaffir lime, red curry paste and toasted sesame seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well to evenly combine all ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into 12 patties approximately 1 cm thick.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they are crisp on the outside and the potato is fully cooked.
- Serve with a chilli, lime and coriander dipping sauce.