Banana Snack Cake
This rich, moist banana snack cake is a great way to use up over ripe bananas. Perfect as a lunchbox treat or dessert paired with coconut yogurt.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian
- 2 cups Organic Spelt Flour, Wholemeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup Organic Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 170 grams chocolate
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil, then add bananas. Add water and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Add the flour mixture, stirring just until wet.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To make the ganache. Add your coconut milk to a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Pour over the chocolate and whisk until all of the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, stirring every 15 minutes or so until the chocolate has thickened into a spreadable frosting.
- Frost your cake and eat! Keep any remaining cake in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep for 2-3 days – but it is equally great as is, no ganache!