Bean Pasta with Basic Tomato Sauce
You don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to create healthy meals. This 20-minute pasta dish is proof of that!
This simple bean pasta recipe has 24 grams of protein per serve and makes a tasty and nutritious week-night dinner for two. Store it in the fridge for up to three days and enjoy it for lunch.
- ½ packet Edamame & Mung Bean Fettucine
- 1 capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon Organic Sundried Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Organic Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed
- handful of basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- First, cook up your bean pasta. Since the bean pasta is made of only beans and water, they take barely any time to rehydrate or cook. You can either pop them into a bowl of water and soak overnight in the fridge, or bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the bean pasta for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- While the bean pasta is cooking, prepare your sauce. Place the capsicum and tomato in the blender first. Because they have a high water content, they will provide all the liquid needed to make the rest of the blending easier. Easier on your blender or food processor too! Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Add sauce to cooked or soaked bean pasta, stir through and enjoy!