Chocolate Almond Protein Bars
The natural sweetness of organic almonds and maple syrup pair perfectly with organic cocoa powder, almond butter and your choice of protein powder for a rich and satisfying snack at any time of day.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, lunchbox, sweettreats
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Almonds
- 1 cup Organic Almond Meal
- 2 tbsp Organic Cacao Powder
- ¼ cup protein powder (of your choice, we used pea protein)
- 1/2 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Organic Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Organic Cacao Butter melted
- Chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with baking paper, allowing it to hang over at least 2 sides so that it can lift out later easily.
- Place 1 cup almonds in the food processor. Pulse until you get a crunchy consistency.
- Place the almond meal, cacao powder, protein powder, maple syrup and sea salt. Pulse until you get a smooth consistency, occasionally scraping down the sides.
- Add almond butter and cacao butter, processing continuously until a dough forms.
- Process until the dough is mixed. Press the dough into the lined pan. Chop the remaining ¼ cup almond and press into the top. Drizzle with melted chocolate (optional).
- Place into the fridge, and chill for at least 30 mins or until very firm.
- When set, lift the bars out of the pan using the edges of the baking paper, and cut into 12 bars.
- Store in the fridge in and air tight container. Take to work or put in the kids lunchbox!