Gluten Free Chickpea Chocolate Chunk Cookies
The Midnight Baker shared the recipe for these delicious Gluten Free Chickpea Chocolate Chunk Cookies. They are easy to make and wheat free! You could make these cookies smaller if you want bite size kid-friendly snacks. Keep them stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days (if they last that long!)
- 1/3 cup Ceres Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 flax egg** (combine 1 tbsp ground flaxseed in 3 tbsp hot water, stir, sit for 15 min)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup Ceres Organics Chickpea Flour
- 1/3 cup Ceres Organics Coconut Sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 90g dark chocolate chunks
- 50g hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C on fan bake and grease or line a medium sized baking tray.
- In a small bowl mix together oil, flaxseed egg and vanilla with a fork until they are fully combined and turn pale and creamy.
- In a large bowl sift chickpea flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Give a quick mix with a spatula to combine and then create a well in the centre. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a spatula until combined and crumbly, then use your hands to finish combining into dough.
- Chop dark chocolate and hazelnuts to desired consistency. We love a mix of thin flaky pieces and large chunks for both.
- Add these to the dough and mix through evenly. Take generous tablespoon sized chunks of the dough and roll into 8-10 cookies. Spread out evenly on the baking tray and bake for 10 mins or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 mins before serving.