Coconut Banana Loaf
The texture of this loaf is more cake than bread and it’s absolutely delicious. Another reason to love this loaf is that you don’t need to blend or beat anything! Enjoy warmed or toasted with a large slather of nut butter.
- ½ teaspoon Ceres Organics RAW Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Spelt Flour, Wholemeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup Ceres Organics Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed
- ¾ cup Ceres Organic Coconut Sugar
- 4 small ripe bananas (mashed)
- ½ cup walnuts (plus extra for the top)
- Preheat your oven to 175°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl add your milk and the apple cider vinegar. Let these two sit for a few minutes.
- Now add in the remaining ingredients. Gently fold through with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Transfer the batter into your lined loaf tin. Sprinkle over with some extra walnuts. Cover your loaf with foil to prevent the top burning.
- Bake for around 60 minutes. At the 45 minute mark, insert a butter knife into your loaf to see if it is done. It should come out mostly clean. It may or may not need the extra 10 minutes depending on your oven.
- Transfer your loaf to a cooling rack and remove your loaf from the tin. Leave it here for around 15 minutes or it will be difficult to slice.
- Enjoy as is or toasted (or not) with your favourite but butter.