creamy red lentil curry
Cosy up with a bowl of this creamy red lentil curry! Best served with Jasmine rice and a drizzle of non-dairy yoghurt and coriander.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ceres Organics Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cm chunk of ginger, chopped or crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Red Lentils, rinsed
- 1–2 tbsp Ceres Organics Thai Red Curry Paste (we used 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 can Ceres Organics Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Jasmine Rice
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium-high heat then add the onion ginger and garlic and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes until all the veggies are tender.
- Add in the lentils, red curry paste, maple syrup, soy sauce lime juice, vegetable broth and coconut cream and mix together.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Serve with or without rice with fresh coriander and a drizzle of coconut cream if desired.