Get into the festive spirit with these delightful gingerbread cookies!
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, baking, christmas, sweettreats
- 6 cup Ceres Organics White Stoneground Flour, plus extra for work surface
- 4 teaspoons ground Ginger
- 4 teaspoons Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup melted Ceres Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 250gm Ceres Organics Icing Sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup then add the coconut sugar and egg. Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a round disc about 1 inch thick and wrap it in plastic wrap. Place both discs in the refrigerator and chill until cold (about 1 hour) or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees . Lightly flour your working surface and roll out one of your discs out until it’s ¼ inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes and place each cookie on a lined baking sheet, leaving about ½ inch of space around each one. Repeat with remaining disc.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for 8 to 11 minutes. Cool cookies completely before icing.
- To make the icing use an electric mixer to whisk egg white until light and frothy. Gradually add icing sugar and beat at high speed until fluffy, thick and shiny. Transfer the icing into a piping bag and decorate as desired.