This creamy Jackfruit Curry with tomato, coconut and lime is a delightful dish with plenty of texture and flavour. Combining meaty jackfruit pieces with aromatic spices, tomatoes, coconut milk and fragrant lime it's a delicious vegan recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp fresh chillies, finely diced
- 2 x 400 g can Ceres Organics Jackfruit
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Organic Turmeric
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 jar Ceres Organics Tomato Passata
- 400g can Ceres Organic Coconut Milk
- Grated zest 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ceres Organics rice or quinoa to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the onion and capsicum and soften for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the dired garlic powder, ginger powder, and chilli. Stir well and cook for another couple of minutes.
- After a couple of minutes, add the jackfruit pieces, cumin, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric. Lightly crush the cardamom pods with the flat of your knife and add these to the pan. Stir well for a minute or so, using a wooden spoon to break apart some of the jackfruit for a mix of tender chunks and stringy pieces.
- Add the tomato passata and break these apart with a spoon. Add salt and pepper and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, adding extra water if necessary.
- After 10 minutes, add the coconut milk and lime zest. Stir well, bring to a gentle simmer, and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the curry is thick and creamy, being careful not to let the coconut milk boil.
- Once thick and creamy, remove the cardamom pods and stir in most of the chopped coriander. Adjust the seasoning and serve with rice, fresh coriander, and a squeeze of lime juice.