Laura's almond, date & chocolate pavlova
Laura is the Innovation Manager from our Marketing team at Ceres Organics. She shared with us her incredible recipe for a Chocolate Pavlova!.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, dinner, baking, dessert, sweettreats
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Almond Meal
- 250g dark chocolate
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Golden sugar
- 1 cup Ceres Organics dates, finely chopped
- 2 cans Ceres Organics Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Ceres Organics Icing Sugar
- 1 cup fresh berries or assorted edible flowers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C on bake. Grease and line a 25cm spring form tin.
- Roughly chop the chocolate with a knife and reserve a few tablespoons for garnish.
- Beat the egg whites until really stiff and then add the sugar a teaspoon at a time until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold through the chopped almonds, chocolate and dates and then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1 ½ hours. Cool in the tin before place on a serving plate.
- Whip aquafaba and slowly add icing sugar once whipped. Spread generously over the top and then sprinkle with the reserved chocolate and any fresh berries or edible flowers (optional).