Onigiri are a traditional Japanese snack, made of rice and wrapped with nori seaweed with a meat or vegetable filling. They make a great lunchbox filler and are a super tasty was to enjoy our organic seaweed range!
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Sushi Rice
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Black Sesame Seeds
- ¼ tbsp sea salt
- x4 Ceres Organics Seaweed Snack (5g)
- Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce to serve
- protein such as tuna, chick, tofu (optional)
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- Place the rice in a bowl and fold through the salt and black sesame seeds.
- *Optional to create a small well in the center of the rice and add your choice of ingredients (i.e. tuna, chicken or vegetables). Then mould the rice with your hands around the well to cover your filling completely.
- Use wet hands to shape a handful of the rice into a triangle shape. Make sure to press the rice firmly enough so that it doesn't fall apart.
- Place a piece of seaweed on the bottom of the rice ball, then fold it upwards to the middle of the rice ball.
- Repeat with the remaining rice.