Quinoa & Almond Butter Breakfast Bar
These simple quinoa breakfast bars are packed with protein and whole grains, naturally sweetened, gluten free, and contain no oil or butter. They make a perfect breakfast option for when you’re on the go
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, baking, breakfast, snack
- 1.5 cup Organic Quick Cook Oats
- 1 cup Organic Quinoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 tbs Organic Ground Flaxseed
- 2 mashed bananas
- 4-6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Organic Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Organic Dried Wild Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a 9″x 9″ baking traying with baking paper and grease the sides with olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, cooked quinoa, maple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the banana, nut butter, flax eggs, lemon juice, dried bluberries and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing everything together until fully incorporated. The batter should be moist, but not runny.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack for 45 minutes- 60 minutes until the bars are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan, then remove and slice into squares (or rectangles). Store in an airtight container for 4 – 5 days.