roasted beetroot hummus
Our Roasted Beetroot Hummus is made with oven roasted beets, chickpeas, tahini, miso, cashew butter, olive oil and lemon juice. It’s a vibrant and healthy snack or spread that's so easy to make!
- 2 medium sized fresh beetroot
- 2 cans Ceres Organics Chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup Ceres Organics Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Cashew Butter
- 1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Miso Paste
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup Ceres Organics Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed (plus extra for drizzle)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place beetroot on a baking tray to roast for 45 minutes, or until soft.
- Allow to cool, then peel away the skins.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, cashew butter, miso paste, lemon juice and water to a high speed blender and process until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Add the roasted beetroot, and with the blender running, pour in the olive oil, processing until smooth and creamy. Season to taste.