roasted chickpea & avocado salad with lemon tahini dressing
If you’re craving something fresh, healthy and delicious you must try our roasted chickpea and avocado salad with lemon tahini dressing! Packed with nutritious ingredients, crunchy chickpeas, and a creamy dressing it makes a great lunch option or side salad for those summer barbeques!
- 2 ¼ cups Ceres Organics Chickpeas
- 2 tsp Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups curly kale
- 2 medium avocados
- ½ medium red onion
- ½ cup fresh curly parsley
- 4 tbsp Ceres Organics Hemp Seeds
- ¼ cup Ceres Organics Hulled Tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Maple Syrup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then place on a tea towel and roll them around until they are completely dry. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with the first measurement of olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes. They will harden as they cool.
- To prepare the salad, peel and dice the avocado into cubes, finely chop the kale, thinly slice the red onion, dice the apple into chunks and finely chop the parsley.
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl along with the second measurement of olive oil. Massage with your hands for a few minutes or until it starts to soften.
- Make the dressing by whisking or blending the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, water and crushed garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the salad, toss all the ingredients together, then drizzle over the dressing just before serving.