Vegan Sausage Roll Recipe
Perfect for a picnic or party table these moreish vegan sausage rolls are filled with organic chickpeas, kidney beans, spinach and sriracha chilli sauce. They’re easy to make and best served with Ceres Organics Mayonnaise and extra Sriracha!
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, lunchbox, party, smallplates, snack
- 3 sheets of Flaky Puff Pastry cut into thirds - we used Pavilion Foods from Countdown (gluten free and vegan)
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 3 tbsp alternative milk of choice - we used Organic Rice Milk
- 400 g can, drained and rinsed Organic Chickpeas
- 400 g can, drained and rinsed Organic Kidney Beans
- 120 g spinach
- 3 tbsp Organic Sriracha Chilli Sauce, or according to taste
- 2 tbsp Organic Savoury Yeast Flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup Organic Jasmine Rice Crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to occasionally scrape down the sides.
- Allow the pastry to warm to room temperature before using. Cut the sheets into thirds or quarter strips.
- Spoon the mixture into the middle of the pastry and brush the edges of the pastry with the milk. Fold the ends in and wrap into a roll.
- Repeat until all the pastry has been used. Brush with some milk on the top and sprinkle sesame seeds on top to garnish.
- Place onto baking tray and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Serve with Ceres Organics Mayonaise and extra Sriracha!