7 Ingredient Mini Berry Galettes
These mini berry galettes are made using only 7 ingredients! Top with vanilla ice cream or coconut yogurt for the perfect summer dessert!
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, baking, dessert, sweettreats
- 2 cups Organic White Spelt Flour
- 4 tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup cold water (plus 1 tbsp if needed)
- 3 cups frozen berries, thawed and drained
- 1 tbsp Organic Tapioca Flour
- Preheat oven to 200 deg fan bake.
- In a bowl add in the spelt flour, salt, and coconut sugar. Mix to combine. Add in the coconut oil and rub into the dry mixture until you get a rough sandy texture (a few lumps of coconut oil is fine!).
- Slowly add in the cold water and use hands to knead to form a dough. If it feels a little dry add in extra water.
- Wrap dough in baking paper and pop in the fridge for 30mins, or could make the night before.
- Prepare the fruit:
- If using frozen berries, make sure they are completely thawed so you can drain the excess water. If not, the water will fill your tray when you bake them!
- Add the berries to a bowl and sprinkle over 1 tbsp tapioca flour, 2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional) and mix until all berries are covered. Set aside.
- Sprinkle your bench with flour and cut the dough into 8 even pieces. Sprinkle a little more flour on top and roll the dough out into a circle (doesn’t have to be perfect!). Spoon berries into the middle and fold the dough over the sides. Repeat.
- Optional: sprinkle extra coconut sugar on top!
- Bake for 20-25mins until golden.
- Serve with ice cream or yogurt with a few sliced almonds on top!