baked jackfruit spring rolls
These Baked Jackfruit Spring Rolls are a delicious vegan take on a Southeast Asian dish. They make a perfect starter for a dinner party and are best served with our creamy tahini dipping sauce!
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Coconut Aminos Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Sesame Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Ceres Organics Sriracha Chilli Sauce(optional)
- 1/2 tsp Ceres Organics Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 50g thin rice noodles
- 1 can Ceres Organics Jackfruit, drained and shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely cut
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 2 sprigs of spring onion, finely cut
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, finely cut
- 8 sheets of large spring roll paper
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Ceres Organics Tahini
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Coconut Aminos Seasoning
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp Ceres Organics Garlic Powder
- In a small bowl mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside. Boil the jug and pop your rice noodles in a bowl. Soak in boiling water for approx. 10mins, until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Transfer to a bowl and use hands or two forks to shred the jackfruit into small pieces. Pour over the sauce and mix until fully covered. Set aside.
- Prepare the veggies – finally chop cabbage, julienne carrot, finely chop spring onion and coriander.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Once hot add in spring onion and fry for 2-3mins. Add in the cabbage and carrot and cook for 5mins until soft.
- Add in the jackfruit and rice noodles, fry for 10mins until sauce thickens up. Stir through the coriander and take off the heat. Add more salt and chilli to taste.
- Spoon mixture onto the spring roll paper and roll up as per packet instructions.
- Lightly brush with oil and bake at 200 degrees for 10-15 mins until golden brown or alternatively, you could deep fry them.
- In a small bowl, mix all dipping sauce ingredients together and serve with the freshly baked spring rolls.