baked polenta fries
These crispy and crunchy polenta fries are a tasty alternative to regular French fries. Perfect for snacking or as a side dish for any meal, best served with Ceres Organic Vegan Mayo.
- 2 cups milk (option to use dairy free)
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups Ceres Organics Polenta, Coarse
- 1 teaspoon Ceres Organics Natural Sea Salt (ground)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup Ceres Organics Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed
- In a large saucepan, under medium heat, bring milk and water to the boil. Slowly add polenta, stirring constantly. Season with salt and turn down heat to a simmer. Continue stirring until the polenta thickens. Add in the cheese.
- Remove from heat and spread onto a baking sheet, about ½ an inch thick. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour to set, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Cut set polenta into wide “fry” shapes, then rub with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and crispy, turning halfway through.