'cheesy' vegan kumara scones
Packed with kumara puree with the option to add your choice of extras including herbs, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, these cheesy vegan scones will become a household hit!
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, baking
- 3/4 cup Ceres Organics Almond Meal
- 1 cup Ceres Organics White Spelt Flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Savoury Yeast Flakes
- 1 tsp Ceres Organic Garlic Powder
- 50g Ceres Organics Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup kumara or any veggie puree*
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg.
- Sift the almond meal, spelt flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Mix in the salt, nutritional yeast and, garlic powder.
- Use hands to rub in the coconut oil until you get a sandy texture. Mix in the kumara puree and knead until a dough forms.
- Use a bit of extra flour to dust a flat surface. Roll scone mixture out and cut into whatever shape you’d like.
- Bake on a lined tray for 15-20mins until golden.
- Note: You can add in any extra herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, etc!
- *prepare ahead of time – roast or boil kumara. Once cooled, mash or blitz in a food processor until smooth.