Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry
This chickpea cauliflower is a warming and nourishing dish to add to your weekly rotation. The cauliflower helps to soak up flavour and add texture while the chickpeas help to bulk it out and add protein.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, dinner, lunch
- 1 cup Organic Quinoa, White
- 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil, Virgin Cold-Pressed
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 orange kumara, cubed
- ½ head cauliflower, small florets
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon Organic Ground Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Organic Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Organic RAW Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 can Organic Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 cans Organic Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with your coconut oil. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes.
- On another element, cook your quinoa. Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for around 15 minutes until you see those tails form! Transfer to a bowl and pop in the fridge to chill.
- Add the kumara and cauliflower and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger, and remaining spices.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, tomatoes, water, coconut milk, and chickpeas. Bring to a low boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes – you want a nice thick curry.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the greens. Serve over your quinoa, and some naan too for a little more authenticity.