Indonesian Winter Pumpkin, Fried Tofu & Almond Butter Curry with Black Beans
This indonesian winter pumpkin, fried tofu, almond butter curry with black beans is a great recipe for busy people. All the ingredients can be thrown togther in one pot and cooked in under 30 minutes - ideal for mid-week dinners!
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, dinner
- ½ onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tbsp sliced ginger
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter in Conversion to Organic
- 1 can Organic Coconut Cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 skin on buttercup pumpkin, seeded & diced
- 1 can Organic Black Beans , drain & rinsed
- 1 bag fried tofu or 1 cup firm tofu
- Juice of half lemon or lime
- Garnish with coriander/mint/laksa leaves, peanuts or fried shallots.
- Add an 8 minute peeled soft boiled egg per person with the tofu and you have a winner.
- Heat a heavy base deep pot/cast iron slow cooker
- Add a tbsp neutral oil/peanut oil then add your onion/garlic/ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste & almond butter, stir well, then add your pumpkin and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, water, tamari and black beans.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce to medium heat, cook 20-25 minutes
- Add tofu after 10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes check the seasoning, add the lemon juice and BOOM. It’s ready. Top with optional extras if you wish!