You must try this delicious ragu using our new pasta sauce. For this recipe, we have used the roasted garlic flavour but any flavour from the range will taste amazing.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, dinner, lunch
- 2 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g can Organic Jackfruit drained and broken up
- 400 g can Organic Brown Lentils
- 1 jar Organic Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 tbsp Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the red onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the thyme, oregano and smoked paprika and cook, stirring for a further minute.
- Add the jackfruit, lentils, pasta sauce, vegetable stock and tamari. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, vegan parmesan and fresh basil leaves.