Stuck for mid-week meal ideas? Try our savoury lentil pie recipe! It’s a hearty dish filled with umami flavour that the whole family will love.
- Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 small brown onion
- x3 garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 cups white button mushrooms
- 1 large carrot
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable stock, liquid
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Dried Red Lentils
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 sheet flaky puff pastry
- Ceres Organics Tomato Sauce to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Take out the puff pastry to thaw.
- Finely dice the onion, grate the carrot, slice the mushrooms and crush the garlic cloves.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and carrot to the pan and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, lentils, tomato paste, mixed herbs and soy sauce. Season well with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then let it simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through.
- Pour the lentil mixture into a pie dish. Roll out the pastry if needed, then cover the top of the pie with pastry, sealing the edges using your fingers or a fork. Slit some holes in the pastry to create air vents.
- Place the pie in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Serve with tomato sauce.