miso glazed eggplants with peanut cooconut sauce
Love eggplant? Then you must try this savoury Miso Glazed Eggplants with Peanut Coconut Sauce. The miso adds a deep, umami rich flavour that compliments the sticky peanut sauce. Best served with, rice and a cucumber salad.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, dinner, smallplates
- 2 large eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Ceres Organics Brown Rice White Miso
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Mirin
- 2 tsp Ceres Organics Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ceres Organics Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
sauce & garnish
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup Ceres Organics Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Ceres Organics Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup Ceres Organics Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp toasted Ceres Organics White Sesame Seeds
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan bake. Use a sharp knife to score a diamond pattern in the flesh of the eggplants. Brush the sunflower oil over the cut surfaces. Place the eggplant halves, cut side down, onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the miso, mirin, cooking sake, sesame oil, coconut sugar and ginger in a small bowl. Remove eggplants from the oven and turn them over so the cut side faces up. Generously brush the miso mixture over the cut surface.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes until the flesh is very tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peanut sauce. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter, tamari, lemon juice, coconut sugar and coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
- To serve, garnish the eggplant with white and black sesame seeds, spring onion and coriander. Serve with the peanut sauce, rice and a cucumber salad.