Moroccan Chickpea and Carrot Salad
This vibrant Moroccan Chickpea and Carrot Salad is filling, and healthy! Filled with spices and fresh ingredients it makes a tasty side dish or main meal.
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, dinner, lunch, salads, smallplates
- 1 can Organic Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 bunch coriander
- 6 Organic RAW Pitted Dates
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp Organic Mediterranean Capers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Organic RAW Pitted Dates
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Heat a large pan on medium, add in the olive oil. Pan fry chickpeas, crushed garlic, salt, paprika and cumin seeds for 5-8mins until fragrant. Set aside.
- Peel and grate carrots, finely chop red onion and coriander. Roughly chop dates and almond.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bullet blender and blend until thick and creamy.
- Assemble in bowl by mixing carrots, coriander, dates, onion, capers, almonds, and dressing.