peanut butter banana pancakes
Apple Cider Vinegar might seem strange in a pancake recipe but don't knock it till you try it. It helps to make the pancakes extra fluffy!
plantbased, vegan, vegetarian, baking, breakfast, sweettreats
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Ground Linseeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cups Ceres Organics Spelt Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup Ceres Organics Peanut Butter, Smooth
- 1 medium banana, mashed (1/2 cup mashed)
- 1 - 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ceres Organics Coconut Oil, for cooking
- Combine the ground linseeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside while preparing the other ingredients.
- Sift the spelt flour and baking powder into a large bowl. In another bowl whisk together the linseed mix, oat milk, peanut butter, banana, cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Heat a flat pan over medium low heat and add a little coconut oil. When hot, add about ¼ cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. When bubbles start to form on the surface, turn gently and cook the other side. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve layered with your choice of sliced bananas, berries, maple syrup, extra peanut butter and coconut yoghurt.