sweet potato, chickpea & spinach curry
Full of nourishment and warming spices, this sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry makes a delicious mid-week meal option. We recommend serving with bulgur wheat, coriander and flaked almonds.
- 1 tbsp of Ceres Organics Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Thai Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 large onion
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 can Ceres Organics Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Ceres Organics Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 can Ceres Organics Coconut Cream
- 3-4 cups of baby spinach
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Bulghur Wheat
- handful of chopped fresh coriander
- flaked almonds
- lime wedges
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the curry paste to the oil and stir until aromatic and heated through. Immediately stir in the onion, season with a pinch of salt, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, tomatoes with their juices, and coconut cream. Stir to combine, cover, and simmer over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with the salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of cooked bulgur wheat, garnish with coriander and flaked almonds.