three bean Mexican chilli
This three bean Mexican chilli is perfect for serving a crowd during the cooler months. It’s a hearty meatless option that can be enjoyed with rice or nachos and topped with avocado, coriander and coconut yogurt. Make up a batch or two and freeze for those nights when you don't feel like cooking!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1.5 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 can Ceres Organics Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Ceres Organics Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Ceres Organics Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cans Ceres Organic Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- coriander, chopped
- avocado, sliced
- rice or nachos to serve
- In a hot frypan, add oil, garlic, onion, carrot and cook for a 3 minutes until softened. Add cumin, chilli, and sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add beans, canned tomato and stock then bring to boil. Turn heat down and reduce to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until thickened.
- Now it’s ready to serve with coriander, avocado and your choice of either rice or nachos.