chocolate cake with raspberries
Perfectly rich and moist, this Chocolate Cake with a tangy raspberry sauce is a decadent dessert to enjoy with friends and family, best served with a dollop of creamy coconut yogurt!
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp Ceres Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2.5 cups Ceres Organics White Spelt Flour
- 2 cups Ceres Organics Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup Ceres Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tbsp Ceres Organics Icing Sugar
- 1 ½ cups frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a cake tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to curdle.
- Whisk to combine the flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Boil the water and melt the coconut oil in the microwave until completely liquid.
- Add the milk apple cider vinegar mix, coconut oil, boiling water and vanilla to the flour mixture. Gently combine with a spatula without over mixing.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until springy. Set aside to cool.
- Add the frozen raspberries and lemon juice to a saucepan. Stirring regularly, heat on medium to high heat until the berries have defrosted and a sauce forms.
- Sprinkle the chocolate cake with the icing sugar and serve with the berry sauce. Enjoy!